ReproMed has endeavored to provide you with a comprehensive list of donor options. We remain the only source for Canadian Donors who have altruistically provided the gift of life. We also offer donor samples imported from the most reputable Sperm Banks in the United States. We recommend approaching donor selection by following the three easy steps described below.
Step 1 - Examine Semen Donor Catalogues
Step 2 - Review Extended Donor Profiles
Step 3 - Consider the D.A.D.S.™ Consultation for Additional Assistance
ReproMed's catalogues consist of donor samples procured from two sources:
- Canadian donors recruited locally, and the specimens processed in ReproMed's laboratory
- Imported specimens (from the United States) through a distribution agreement with Xytex Cryo International and Fairfax Cryobank / Cryogenic Laboratories Inc.
For Canadian Donor Specimens processed by ReproMed:
ReproMed can provide you with a Donor Portfolio for each selection. This is offered free of charge and provides more information about the donor such as physical features, family history, educational history, skills & abilities, preferences, personality traits, anatomical features, and medical history. Click here to view a sample.
To further assist you in selecting the donor that matches your expectations and needs, ReproMed’s Canadian donors have volunteered to give additional information about them. These Extended Donor Profiles help to give you further insight into the donor’s characteristics and may include some or all of the following:
Temperament Report Donor Essay Audio Recording Donor Likeness Photographs Staff Impressions
The Extended Donor Profiles can be accessed by clicking one of the above icons from the Additional Information column from the catalogue. Click here to get a detailed preview of each.
For Imported Donor Specimens:
ReproMed is proud to distribute specimens from the two most reputable and well established banks in North America.
This personal one-on-one consultation has been designed to help you make the right choice in meeting your offspring expectations. Here are the components included in the consultation.
- An in-depth overview of the donor semen program being administered by ReproMed.
- The ability to answer specific questions recipients have about the specific donors.
- An open conversation to define what expectations the recipient is looking their offspring to be.
- Review of recipient's provisional selections and ReproMed's recommendations from both Canadian and Open-ID donors. Note: 75% of recipients opt for ReproMed's recommendation after partaking in the D.A.D.S Consultation.
- Show donor photographs (for as many donors as you would like to see).
- Narrow the list to 2 or 3 selections and explore more in-depth the Donor Portfolios for each.
- Match donor medical history with recipient's medical history.
- Provide a Temperament Report for the final selection.
If you live outside of the Metro Toronto Area and can't visit our office personally, we offer D.A.D.S.™ consultations by phone or webcam. You will receive the same personalized consult as if you were sitting here in our offices and the ability to view photos, which will be broadcasted to your computer via Skype during the consultation. You do not require a web cam or any special software to view the photos via the internet.
The D.A.D.S.™ Consultations is available for $250.